Parent And Grandparent Super Visa
The Super visa (for parent and grandparents) for Canada enables the parents and grandparents of Canadian permanent residents and citizens to visit their children or grandchildren for extended periods. The information for Super Visa holders has been updated on June 18, 2019, according to which each entry to Canada through the Parents and Grandparents Super Visa would be for a now for a longer duration of two years and further extensions would be for one year.
Previously, individuals holding Super Visa were generally granted entry for a maximum period of only two years at a time.
The Super visa is designed for parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents who intend to visit Canada for a longer period of time.
Do applicants require insurance?
Yes, all the applicants applying for the Super visa to call their parents and grandparents are required to purchase a private medical insurance before the relatives would land in Canada.
Since its introduction in 2011, the Super Visa has enabled thousands of parents and grandparents staying overseas to visit their children in Canada for longer period, thereby providing immense social and economic benefits to families and communities. For instance, by coming to Canada, parents and grandparents of can help taking care of their grandchildren, thereby allowing working-age individuals (which mainly includes immigrants as well as naturalized citizens) to contribute with their full potential in the Canadian labour force.
The parents and grandparents Super Visa for Canada also allows the common-law partner or the spouse of the applicant to come along to Canada by holding the same Super Visa status, but other dependants may not be allowed on same status.
It should be further noted that those holding the Super Visa are not allowed to involve in any work on their visit to Canada. However, there is another immigration program that let your parents and grandparents work while in Canada and is called as the permanent residence program for parents and grandparents. But the Canadian Government issue only limited number of these visas and the applications also take longer processing time.
Super Visa: Important conditions
The following conditions are mandatory to be fulfilled for applying for the Super visa:
The insurance policy purchased should:
- You should already have an invitation to apply from a host residing in Canada (that is, your child or grandchild). The host would be required to meet the minimum threshold for income, as they would be dependent on you for all the financial support while living in Canada.
- You would be required to pass a medical examination.
- You should have a Canadian medical insurance coverage, valid for a minimum period of one year. Further, you would be required to submit proof that you have purchased a private medical insurance coverage from a credible Canadian insurance provider.
Super Visa: Letter of Invitation
A successful and completed Super Visa application should include a clear letter of invitation, which would be written by the host (that is, the child or the grandchild). This letter of invitation for the Super visa should include the following information about the invitee (that is, the parent or the grandparent):
- be valid for a minimum period of one year;
- cover services across health care, hospitalization and repatriation;
- provide a minimum coverage equivalent to $100,000;
- be valid for multiple or each entry in Canada
- be available for submitting for review done by an officer present at a Canadian port of entry.
In addition to the above information, some additional details about the host should also be included. These are:
- Complete name;
- Date of Birth;
- Contact or Telephone number;
- Relationship with the host;
- The purpose of visiting Canada;
- The total period for which the invitee wants to stay in Canada;
- The address where the invitee would stay and how they are planning to finance their purchases while staying in Canada;
- When does the invitee intends to leave Canada.
Threshold of minimum income
The host of the applicant should meet the threshold for minimum income as it being an important requirement under the Super Visa eligibility criteria. These thresholds are generally known as low-income cut-off (LICO).
The size of the family unit mentioned in the table below for minimum income threshold also includes the parents and the grandparents that are being sponsored.
- Complete name;
- Date of Birth;
- Telephone number;
- Job Title;
- Information about the current status in Canada (Permanent Resident or Citizen);
- Proof of current status in Canada
- Family details (names of family members and dates of birth);
- Total number of individuals residing in the household.
- The following documents should also be included in the letter of invitation for Super Visa:
- A signed promise detailing financial support arranged by the host for the invitee;
- Proof of minimum income
The host has the option for the to prove his or her income through any of the following ways:
|Size of the family unit
||Minimum income required (CAD)
|1 person (only the sponsor)
|More than 7 persons or for each additional member
- Most recent copy required for the Notice of Assessment. In case you do not have a paper copy in file, then you need to print your tax returns by using the online services of the Canada Revenue Agency;
- Most recent copy required of the T4 or T1 that would be issued from your employer. However, in case you are self-employed, you can also obtain which would confirm your annual income from an accountant;
- Original letter issued from your employer with details such as job title, description and salary;
- Pay slips for Employment insurance; and/or
- Demonstrate other income resources, this includes investments, pension statement and more.
Immigration Experts best Immigration Consultant will help you to resolve all of your Canadian/Australian immigration-related queries. You may contact us at 8448-587890 or leave a mail at email@example.com. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form.
One of the experts will soon contact you to discuss the Canada/Australia PR query. Our experts having experience of more than 10+ years. Let Immigration Experts plan your immigration option for Canada/Australia to achieve your dream.