How To Migrate To UK From India
The United Kingdom or the UK is yet again emerging as one of the most prominent immigration destinations among citizens in India with an intention to live and work in the royal country. Although, the process for UK Immigration is stringent when compared to other developed nations, but there exist multiple pathways to achieve the UK permanent residency objective.
The recent flexibility in the UK Immigration Process has also become possible after the European Union referendum results announced on June 23, 2016 and the decision of the UK to leave the European Union. These events paved the introduction of UK Innovator visa and the UK Strat-up visa schemes, with certain new possibilities for eligible migrants to settle and work in the UK.
Benefits of migrating to UK
Skilled and qualified professionals from India as well as from other countries still consider UK as one of the world’s best destinations to migrate and settle permanently to live, work and study. Its high standards of living and cultural integrity make it the most sort-after destinations for individuals seeking quality life for themselves and dependents. Despite the complexities related to Brexit, the UK is able to retain its strong economic growth due to its deep involvement in global export and import through established industries and world-renowned academic institutions.
Some of the major benefits of settling in UK are listed as follows:
- Growing economy across diverse in-house industries and enterprises
- Great demand of skilled and qualified workers to contribute towards economy
- Already existing South-Asian community with considerable number of successful Indians
- High-quality and free healthcare services dispersed through the National Health Service (NHS)
- World renowned educational across universities and colleges
- Strong passport that facilitates travel across the globe
UK Immigration Process
The United Kingdom includes countries namely England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The United Kingdom offers various options to eligible international migrants to come and settle in these countries. However, individuals seeking permanent residence in the UK are required to first apply as temporary residents and become eligible to apply for the permanent residency of UK after a considerable period of time through the Indefinite Leave to Remain or the ILR.
Some of the ways by which citizens of India and also from other countries move to UK includes:
- Migrating with a prior job offer
- Migrating on a student visa
- Migrating as an entrepreneur with a business idea
- Migrating as an investor
- Migrating if got married to a UK citizen or a permanent resident of UK
In order to apply promptly under the existing UK visa schemes, your eligibility is mainly determined, based on your score on the UK Tier Points-based System. The Points-based system assessed the eligibility of the applicant against various relevant factors to apply for UK work, study and business visas.
It is important to note that, most of the UK Work visa schemes (Tier 1 visa schemes) as well as the UK Study visa schemes (Tier 4 visa schemes) are processed using the UK Tier Points-based System.
UK Tier Visa System
Some of the most popular visa schemes that are used by citizens from India to migrate to UK for work, study and business purpose have been listed as follows:
- Tier 1 Visa
This particular visa scheme has been designed especially for “high-value migrants” that belong from outside European Economic Area (EEA) and includes the Tier 1 Investor visa scheme (requires the applicant to invest a minimum sum of 2 million Pounds), Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa (includes only few exceptionally talented individuals) and the Tier 1 Exceptional Promise Visa.
Please note, the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa scheme has been replaced by the UK Innovator visa scheme, starting from 29 March 2019.
- Tier 2 Visa
This particular visa category has been designed for those skilled and qualified workers that reside outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and possess a valid job offer from an employer in UK under the Tier 2 Sponsor programme. Further, this visa scheme also takes into consideration those skilled workers that are being transferred to UK for work by an International enterprise or company using the Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer visa scheme.
This visa scheme particularly invites individuals possessing specific qualification in their field of occupation for which UK has a shortage of skilled workers. This includes Sportsperson visa (Tier 2 visa) and the Minister of Religion visa (Tier 2 visa).
- Tier 3 Visa
This visa category has been found to be relevant for bringing those low-skilled professionals to UK, which enables the UK Government to fill certain temporary labor shortage industries. However, the UK Government has not granted any visa to anyone under this scheme and therefore it is better not to apply for the visa using the Tier 3 visa category.
- Tier 4 Visa
This category of visa has been specially designed for students that reside outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and who intend to study in a college or University across UK. However, applicants should have a place registered at the UK Educational Establishment before applying for the Tier 4 Visa (Student Visa).
- Tier 5 Visa
This visa includes six sub-tiers for temporary workers. This includes occupations such as arts, sports, charity, religious activities and others. The Youth Mobility Scheme included within the Tier 5 visa scheme allows approximately 55,000 young individuals each year to come and work in UK as part of their working holidays.
Other important UK visas
Although the UK Tier System visas successfully includes various important work, study as well as investment visas. But few others, such as Visitor visas, family visas and business visas are dealt outside this five tier visa categories.
- UK Business visa: This visa category significantly covers most of the long-term business visas which are not included in the five tier visa schemes.
- UK Visitor Visa: This visa category provides information required to enter in the UK as a traveler, which could be for engaging in a short-term business activity or coming to the UK as tourist.
- UK Family Visa: This visa scheme is of high importance if you need to bring your family member to UK and also if you wish to join a family member who is already living in the country.
For most of the visa categories described above, you are required to fulfill the following conditions listed below:
- You should be aged 16 or above to apply for the student visa and above 18 years of age to apply for the work visa
- In order to apply for the work visa, you require to score more than 95 points for the points system valid under the Tier 1 visa and Tier 2 visa schemes. In addition to this, students are required to enroll themselves in UK Boarder Agency (UKBA) approved academic institution before applying for the student visa in UK.
- You need to take English Language Proficiency Test. This mainly includes IELTS and TOEFL.
- You should belong from a country which is not being included in the European Economic Area or the EEA.
- You should have all the required documents, work experience certificates and others needed to enrolling in a college or apply for a particular job to enter in UK.
- You should have the required amount of funds needed to support yourself during your stay on a student or work visa for initial years in UK.
- You are also required to submit Character and Health certificates that will further prove your qualification for the required visa.
Why Immigration Experts?
Immigration Experts best Immigration Consultant will help you to resolve all of your Canadian/Australian immigration-related queries. You may contact us at 8448-450100 or leave a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form. One of the experts will soon contact you to discuss the Canada/Australia PR query. Our experts having experience of more than 10+ years. Let Immigration Experts plan your immigration option for Canada/Australia to achieve your dream.