Canada 67 Points Calculator Canadian CRS Calculator for Skilled Immigration Australia PR Points Calculator for Skilled Migration Visa Search My Anzsco

Contributory Aged Parent Visa

Importance of grandparents in the lives of children cannot be denied. They are like shady trees who offer their cool shade to the next generation. It is important that children grow up surrounded by one or both sets of grandparents.So the Australian Immigration and Citizenship Department have tailored a special Contributory Aged Parent Visa of Subclass 864 to applicants who wish to settle permanently in Australia with their children. Subclass 864 is a sponsored visa where the child or children is the sponsor of the visa. For the sponsorship eligibility the child should be an Australian citizen, a permanent resident of this country, or an eligible New Zealand citizen. This Australian visa can be applied if you have a child/ children or stepchild/ stepchildren staying in Australia.

However, it is compulsory that the sponsoring child is a permanent and lawful resident of Australia for at least two years at the time of visa application. You tend to get some privilege if your child is an Australian citizen and circumstances for your immigration to Australia is followed with strong reason.

Australia is a nation of OPPORTUNITIES.

Visa Requirements:

For acquiring this visa if you hold a Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa sub class 884 or you:

Living in Australia

Are sponsored

Meet the age requirements

Pass the balance of family test

Ready to pay higher visa application charges for faster processing

Conditions For subclass 864:

Your child can be the sponsor of your application, and who is a regarded Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen, who is settled in Australia.

Most important is to meet the balance of family test

The Balance of Family Test requirements:

Half of your children must live permanently in Australia.

More of your children live permanently in Australia than in any other country.


Trusted Our Partner Logo

Subscribe SVG


Consultation SVG

Get in Touch