Australia Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
The visa subclass 189 is a permanent General Skilled Migration visa which needs no sponsorship from a State/Territory Government or even a relative in Australia.
Visa 189 is a permanent residency visa that provides you as well as your associated family members a total right to live plus work anywhere in Australia for undefined period of time.
The selection to the subclass 189 is dependent on point score, skills, as well as experience that allow an applicant to apply for visa 189. Though, to be entitled to apply for this visa you will first of all have to select a profession from MLTSSL (Medium and Long Term Strategic Skill List). In case the occupation chosen by you is not found on the demand list, then under such a circumstance, you may pick an occupation which is very much linked to your profession.
Furthermore, you likewise need to submit Australia EOI through Skills select for approval of your visa. You may apply for EOI while living in or outside Australia. In case government of Australia observes your profile to be appropriate enough for their economy, they will provide you with an Invitation To Apply (ITA) for Australia Permanent Residency.
Major points to be discussed now are:
- What is Subclass 189 Visa?
- Key Requirements Of Subclass 189 Visa
- Features of the Visa
- Benefits of the Visa (Subclass 189)
- The Basic Criteria for Subclass 189
- The Process to Apply for Australia Visa Subclass 189
- Australian Skilled Visa Setting
- Other Notable Conditions for the Subclass 189 Visa
- Fees for Subclass 189 visa
- Visa Processing Time
- How to Observe Processing Time
What is Subclass 189 Visa?
Australia’s Skilled Independent Migration Program is a Permanent Visa and comes under the Australia Immigration points-based framework. Candidates must most likely demonstrate that they have the required qualifications or the abilities of an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List. The candidate needs to meet the point’s threshold by scoring 65 points and fulfilling the fundamental visa criteria. Candidates needn’t bother with sponsorship from family or the Australian state/ area government recommendation.
It is a many entry visa that is allowed for a time of 5 years. Permanent Residents may likewise be qualified for Australian citizenship. Immigration dept. of Australia declared a new migration model which was actualized from July 2018, after this every one of the candidates interested in Migration visas must file for an Expression of Interest first and upon invitation on the EOI must continue with the visa application process. The base pass mark set for the visa candidates post July 2018 is 65 only and which is determined established on the present labour market necessities in the country.
Key Requirements Of Subclass 189 Visa
So as to fit the bill for a Subclass 189 visa, you would need to:
- Lodge an EOI and be invited to apply
- Meet the pass mark in the talented migration points test – at present 65
- Be in the age group of 18 and 44 inclusive
- Pass Skills Assessment in an occupation on the Occupations List for Skilled Independent visas
- Have Competent English or higher
- Meet health as well as character necessities
Features of the Visa
- This is a points-based visa, planned for talented workers who have not been selected by a government body or employer.
- It enables successful candidates to live and work anyplace in Australia consistently.
- Some of the visa holder’s dependents can be incorporated in the application.
Benefits of the Visa (Subclass 189)
The Australia visa subclass 189 offers advantages of Australian permanent residence for you and your family. You get to:
- Work and live in Australia permanently
- Chance to study in Australia
- Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s nationalized healthcare program
- Chance to apply for Australian citizenship
- Sponsor relatives for permanent residence
- Travel all through and out of Australia as you please
The Basic Criteria for Subclass 189
Below listed are the legal primary criteria for the allowance of this visa.
- A positive expertise appraisal for an occupation that is on the MLTSSL – Migration Regulations 1994 (CTH) Sch 1 Item 1137 4B and 4C
- Meet or outperform the base English language prerequisite – Migration Regulations 1994 (CTH) Sch 2 reg 189.223
- Receive an invitation to apply from the Department – Migration Regulations 1994 (CTH) Sch 2 reg 189.221
- Be under 45 years old when the invitation is issued – Migration Regulations 1994 (CTH) Sch 1 Item 1137 4B (3)
- Which implies that you have at any rate 65 in your skilled points test – Migration Regulations 1994 (CTH) Sch 2 reg 189.224 (1)
The Process to Apply for Australia Visa Subclass 189
Suitable applicants can apply for the Skilled Independent Visa 189 depending on the 3 stage application process as below:
The absolute first stage for the Australian migration procedure includes getting the accreditations surveyed by a pertinent government body. Skill-set of the applicants and their credential empowers the Department of Home Affairs to evaluate if the applicant’s aptitudes are of the required level that will enable them to practice the selected occupation in Australia.
When the applicants get the positive appraisal from the concerned organization, they have to present an Expression of Interest (EOI) through Skill select. For this candidate can either be living in Australia or outside the country.
- Once the candidate can get the Invitation to Apply (ITA), they can continue to DIBP stage, where they can submit last and complete application to be approved by DIBP so the 189 visa Australia can be granted.
- Under this procedure, priority processing can be applied. Priority processing decides the request wherein the office considers the applications independent of the time the application has been submitted.
- Candidate who can get their hands on the visa Subclass 189, they are given five year multiple entry visa to live and work in Australia. Applicants just need to live in the country for at least 2 years of the 5 years to have the visa re-issued for further 5 years. On the other hand, in case the candidate spends 4 sequential years in the nation, then they are qualified to apply for Australian citizenship.
Priority processing arrangements is applicable to this visa. They decide the order in which the department will consider applications despite as to when they have been lodged.
Australian Skilled Visa Setting
A successful candidate is allowed a five year multiple entry visa to live and work in Australia. You just need to live in Australia for 2 of the 5 years to have the visa reissued for a further 5 years. But if you live for 4 continuous years then you can apply for citizenship.
In case you decide not to get citizenship, but, you should apply for a Resident Return Visa before the first one lapses so as to go to and from Australia. To qualify for this you should show that you have gone through 2 years legally living in Australia or that you have huge personal, cultural or business binds with Australia.
Other Notable Conditions for the Subclass 189 Visa
There are other considerations as follows:
- The candidate might be in or outside Australia when the visa is granted, however not in immigration clearance
- This is a permanent visa allowing the holder to make a trip to and enter Australia for a long time from the date of grant
- If you are applying from outside Australia, your first entry must be made before the date indicated on your visa grant letter
- Full work and stay anyplace in Australia
Fees for Subclass 189 visa
The visa cost changes every now and then. The expense of your visa relies on the received date of your application. In the event that there is any cost increment between the date you lodge your application and the date your application is, you should pay the new application charge.
- Independent Subclass 189 visa primary applicant – 4,045$
- Dependent applicant fee for 18 and above – 2,020$
- Dependent applicant fee for 18 and below – 1,015$
- Medical Examination: This expenses would be paid legitimately to the concerned specialist doing medical examination
- Police check: this fee for 189 visa subclass would be paid to the corresponding authorities in the particular nations where you have lived more than 6/a year
Visa Processing Time
The Department of Home Affairs has given a rough time period to handling visa and citizenship applications.
The conditions that influence processing times are:
- Whether you have lodged a total application, including all essential supporting documents
- How immediately you react to any requests for extra info
- How long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting data given
- How long it takes to get extra data from external agencies, especially in connection to health, character, and national security necessities
- For permanent migration visa applications, what number of places are accessible in the migration program
- For citizenship applications, the time taken to go to a Citizenship Ceremony or get a Citizenship Certificate.
How to Observe Processing Time
To help the Department to accelerate the processing times, you can submit a decision ready visa application. The checklists given by Australian Skilled Migration will incorporate all that you have to submit complete documents.