Skilled Independent Visa 189
The selection to the subclass 189 is dependent on point score, skills, as well as experience that allow an applicant to apply for visa 189. Though, to be entitled to apply for this visa you will first of all have to select a profession from MLTSSL (Medium and Long Term Strategic Skill List). In case the occupation chosen by you is not found on the demand list, then under such a circumstance, you may pick an occupation which is very much linked to your profession.
Furthermore, you likewise need to submit Australia EOI through Skills select for approval of your visa. You may apply for EOI while living in or outside Australia. In case government of Australia observes your profile to be appropriate enough for their economy, they will provide you with an Invitation To Apply (ITA) for Australia Permanent Residency.
Australia Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
The visa subclass 189 is a permanent General Skilled Migration visa which needs no sponsorship from a State/Territory Government or even a relative in Australia.
Visa 189 is a permanent residency visa that provides you as well as your associated family members a total right to live plus work anywhere in Australia for undefined period of time.
So as to fit the bill for a Subclass 189 visa, you would need to:
- Lodge an EOI and be invited to apply
- Meet the pass mark in the talented migration points test – at present 65
- Be in the age group of 18 and 44 inclusive
- Pass Skills Assessment in an occupation on the Occupations List for Skilled Independent visas
- Have Competent English or higher
- Meet health as well as character necessities
- You should have an invitation to apply
- You don’t require a sponsor or nominator
- You should be under 45 to receive an invitation
From AUD 4,045
Applications Processing Time: 11-12 months
- To work and study anywhere across Australia
- Sponsor eligible relatives to apply for permanent residence
- If eligible, apply to become an Australian citizen
- An occupation listed within the relevant skilled occupation list
- An skilled assessment completed for that occupation
- An invitation to apply for the visa
- Satisfied the points test
Overview of PR Process To Apply:
1. Check: Your current occupation should be listed in the skilled occupation list, have at least 65 points, should also adhere to other eligibility requirements
2. Submit: Submit an expression of interest or EOI via SkillSelect
3. Wait: Wait to receive an invitation to apply for the visa
4. Gather: Gather all the required documents
5. Apply: Apply for the visa within a period of 60 days of receiving the invitation
Step-by-Step process to apply for the visa
You should have a completed skills assessment done at the time an invitation of apply be sent to you. The assessment is undertaken by an assessing authority mentioned against the occupation listed in the eligible skilled occupation list.
For your profile to be eligible for visa, the skill assessment must be obtained within 3 years before receiving an invitation to apply. If your skill assessment has been done on the basis of the qualification received in Australia while holding a students’ visa, then that particular qualification should be gained from studying the course already registered on CRICOS.
After your application gets a positive appraisal from the concerned organization, then you are required to submit the EOI via SkillSelect. The EOI can either be submitted while residing in Australia or can also be done from outside the country.
An email will be sent confirming the submission of the EOI.
It should be noted that, EOI is not equivalent to a visa application.
- Once you will receive an invitation to apply (ITA), then you can continue further for the DIBP stage. This step is important for submitting last and complete application that would be approved by DIBP so that the 189 visa can be granted.
- During this step, you can apply for priority processing, which enables the concerned officers to consider the application independent of the time at which the application has been submitted.
- Receiving this visa, you are provided with five-year multiple entry visa to live and work across Australia. This implies that you only need to stay in the country for a minimum period of 2 years out of 5 years in order to get the visa re-issued for subsequent 5 years. However, if you are staying in the country for a continuous period of 4 years, then this will make you qualified to apply for Australian citizenship.
Eligibility Requirements to Apply for this Visa
1. Should have an invitation to apply
You can apply for this visa only if an invitation to apply will be sent to you. Before you apply, an expression of interest (EOI) is required to be submitted, which would allow you to be ranked against other applicants in the pool. The invitation to apply is issued on a regular basis through SkillSelect.
2. Complete a suitable skills assessment
You should have suitable skills assessment done while applying for the visa. The skill assessment must be conducted within 3 years before the date of receiving an invitation to apply. Further, if the skills were assessed based on the qualification received in Australia while holding a students’ visa, then the qualification should be received from studying a course recognized on CRICOS.
Your age must be under 45 on the date when an invitation to apply will be sent to you. However, you can also apply for this visa if you turn 45 after an invitation to apply be sent across to you. However, if you turn 45 before an invitation to apply be sent to you, then an invitation to apply will not be sent to you.
4. Score 65 points or above
Since it is a points-tested visa, after submitting your EOI via SkillSelect, an indicative points score would be given to you based on the claims made in EOI. When you will receive an invitation to apply, it would state the total number of points that you must obtain when your application would be assessed to grant the visa. This score however, can be higher than 65 points, depending on the claims made in the EOI.
5. English Proficiency
You should have competent level of English when you will receive an invitation to apply.
6. Meet skilled occupation requirement
It is important for your nominating occupation to be listed on the eligible skilled occupation list, which is Medium and Long-term Skills Strategic List (MLTSSL) of Australia for this particular visa type. In case, the specific occupation is not listed in the MLTSSL, then it is required to select a closely related occupation. Further, it is required to have a minimum three years work experience in your nominating occupation.
7. Meet suitable health requirement
You and your family members who are applying for this visa must meet all relevant health requirements. If needed, family members who are not accompanying the main applicant to might also require to meet the health requirement.
8. Meet character requirement
You along with the family members aged 16 years and above who are applying for this visa should meet the character requirement of the Australian government. In addition, those family members who aren’t accompanying the main applicant to Australia also required to meet the character requirements.
9. Pay back the debt to the Australian Government
If you or any of your family members own any outstanding debt to the Australian Government, then it should be paid back or arranged to be paid back.
10. Get the Australian vales statement signed
If your age is 18 years or above, the you must:
- Abide with the explanations given in Life in Australia booklet
- Confirm that you will obey the Australian laws and respect the Australian way of living, by signing the Australian Values Statement.
Benefits of Subclass 189
The Australia visa subclass 189 offers advantages of Australian permanent residence for you and your family. You get to:
- Work and live in Australia permanently
- Chance to study in Australia
- Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s nationalized healthcare program
- Chance to apply for Australian citizenship
- Sponsor relatives for permanent residence
- Travel all through and out of Australia as you please
Fees for Subclass 189 visa
The visa cost changes every now and then. The expense of your visa relies on the received date of your application. In the event that there is any cost increment between the date you lodge your application and the date your application is, you should pay the new application charge.
- Independent Subclass 189 visa primary applicant – 4,045$
- Dependent applicant fee for 18 and above – 2,020$
- Dependent applicant fee for 18 and below – 1,015$
- Medical Examination: This expenses would be paid legitimately to the concerned specialist doing medical examination
- Police check: this fee for 189 visa subclass would be paid to the corresponding authorities in the particular nations where you have lived more than 6/a year
Visa Processing Time
The actual processing time for the application could vary since applications are generally assessed on a case-by-case basis. In addition to this, the following individual circumstances could impact the application processing time. This includes:
- whether all documents and a completed application has been lodged
- response time towards request made for an additional information
- time taken to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
- time taken to receive additional information asked across external agencies, such as those related to health, character and national security documents.
- to check the number of places available in the entire migration program, particularly for permanent migration visa applications.
Visa application processing time: Last updated on 26 September 2019
|Visa||Stream||75% of visas processed||90% of visas processed|
|189 – Skilled Independent (subclass 189)||Points-Tested||11 months||22 months|
Why Immigration Experts?
Immigration Experts best Immigration Consultant will help you to resolve all of your Canadian/Australian immigration-related queries. You may contact us at 8448-450100 or leave a mail at email@example.com. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form. One of the experts will soon contact you to discuss the Canada/Australia PR query. Our experts having experience of more than 10+ years. Let Immigration Experts plan your immigration option for Canada/Australia to achieve your dream.