Child Visa (Subclass 101)

This visa allows a child living with their parents within Australia, who’s Parent migrate to Australia on PR basis. With this visa the child can move to Australia as a permanent resident, study and access Medicare and apply for Australian citizenship if required.

For this visa, the child must have a parent or step-parent who is an Australian citizen, a qualified New Zealand citizen or a permanent Australian visa holder. The child must be under 18 years of age, a full-time student between 18 and 25 years of age and financially dependent on the parent, or over 18 years of age, and be unable to function due to a disability.

The child must be single or dependent on the parent or step-parent and when the application is made and they make a decision on the request must be from Australia. The child and any dependent must follow all Australian rules. If the child has siblings who also want to apply, send different applications for each sibling.

Australia is a nation of OPPORTUNITIES.

Who Can Sponsor for Child Visa (Subclass 101)?

By addition to other sponsorship-based visas, only a qualified parent may sponsor applicants. To be considered a qualified parent, they must be the child’s parent (or partner) or step-parent, be over 18 years of age, and be a settled Australian citizen, a permanent Australian resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

The Department also allows step-parents to become a sponsor of the child who are no longer the parent of the child, but have a legal responsibility for the care of the child under 18. Furthermore, adoptive parents who adopted the child before they became an Australian citizen, a permanent resident of Australia or a qualified citizen of New Zealand.

How Does Child Visa (Subclass 101) Works?

Key responsibilities relating to obtaining and using a Child visa are summarized in the table below.

Sponsor (parent)Sponsors the child and any of the child’s family members also included in the application and who are migrating with the child.If a Child visa is granted, the sponsor must provide support for the child, including accommodation and financial assistance required to meet the child’s reasonable needs during their first two years in Australia.
Applicant (child)Lodge a complete application including all application forms, supporting documentation and application fees.Note: Usually the sponsor does this on behalf of the child.

Who Apply for This Visa?

  • This visa is intended for a child under the age of 25 who wants to move to Australia.

What are the Benefits of This Visa?

This visa allows the visa holder to:

1) Visa holder can Live permanently in Australia

2) Travel to and from anytime from Australia for next five years from the date of visa granted.

Requirement for Applicant Eligiblity?

The applicant must be their sponsor’s child or stepchild, who must either be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent visa holder, or a qualified citizen of New Zealand.

1) Step Child

A stepchild can only be included in the class Child Visa if the stepchild is under the age of 18 and the sponsoring step-parent is no longer the parent of the child but has a legal responsibility to care for the child.

2) Adopted children

Adopted children applied outside Australia must have been adopted prior to becoming an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent visa holder, or a qualified New Zealand citizen.

If the baby is adopted after becoming an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent visa holder, or a qualified New Zealand citizen, they must apply in the’ Adoption’ visa.

Conditions And Obligations For Child Visa (Subclass 101)

If this visa is granted, the following requirements must be met.

1. Applicant obligations

The child must comply with all Australian laws and any conditions imposed on their visa.

Example: The applicant must not marry before arriving in Australia.

2. Sponsor obligations

As the sponsor, the parent must sign a sponsorship undertaking. On signing this undertaking, the parent must:

  • Be responsible for all financial obligations to the Australian Government that the child might incur while they are in Australia
  • Ensure that adequate accommodation and financial assistance is available as required to meet the child’s reasonable living needs. This assistance would cover the child’s first two years in Australia
  • Provide information and advice to help the child settle in Australia.
  • Provide support as required to enable them to attend any required English language classes.
  • Advise the department in writing if their circumstances change in a way that may affect the child’s eligibility for a Child visa, or the sponsor’s eligibility to sponsor the child.

Why Immigration Experts?

Immigration Experts best Immigration Consultant will help you to resolve all of your Canadian/Australian immigration-related queries. You may contact us at 9999467676 , 9999467686 or leave a mail at You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form. One of the experts will soon contact you to discuss the Canada/Australia PR query. Our experts having experience of more than 10+ years. Let Immigration Experts plan your immigration option for Canada/Australia to achieve your dream.

  • Quick Enquiry

    •    ENQUIRE NOW
      Subscribe on LinkedIn