Employer Nomination Scheme
The direct entry stream visa type enables skilled workers with nomination from an employer to live and work across Australia permanently.
The position offered by the employer should:
- be listed in the Employee Nomination Scheme list of occupations; and
- requires the employer to pay a minimum salary documented across the occupation in the government Gazette Notice;
- be full-time and available for a minimum period of 3 years.
- meet the standards of working conditions approved by the relevant Australian workplace legislation.
This visa let you
- Stay in Australia for an indefinite period of time,
- Work and study across Australia,
- Register in Australia’s public health care scheme (or Medicare),
- Sponsor your eligible relatives to come to Australia,
- Travel to and from Australia between a period of 5 years,
- Apply for Australian Citizenship (if eligible)
Employer Nomination Scheme Visa (Subclass 186)
You can apply for this visa from inside or outside Australia. If you are residing in Australia, then you must hold a substantive visa or a bridging visa A, B or C.
This visa allows the applicant to:
- include family members in the application when applying for the visa,
- include family members in your application after you apply but before getting it approved by the authorities
The family members that can be include are:
- your spouse/partner
- your stepchild or dependent child
- your partner’s stepchild or dependent child
- the stepchild or dependent child of the applicant and their partner’s stepchild or dependent child
You can also include those in this visa who already hold a subclass 457 or subclass 482 visa if the visa has been granted to them on the basis of they being a member of your family. Family members who apply for this visa must also meet the required health and character requirements.
Family members who are not accompanying the main applicant for immigration are also required to meet the necessary requirements.
Step-by-Step process to apply for Visa
- Complete the skills assessment to prove that you hold the right skills and qualifications to perform your job
- Take English exams while making sure that the results are current
- Organize health examinations
- Ask your employer to share a nomination Transaction Reference Number (TRN) since it would be needed to apply for the visa.
- dentity documents such as pages of your existing passport with clear photo, personal details, passport issue and expiry dates.
Also provide your national identity card and documents for proof of change of name.
- Evidence of license, registration or professional membership relevant to perform the nominated occupation in the Australian state or territory in which you wish to work.
- Provide either documents which prove your skills and qualifications or those that prove your exempt from proving the skills and requirements.
- Age exemption documents: If you are 45 years old or older, then provide the documents that show to show that you are exempt from the age eligibility criteria.
- Documents that prove you have competent English.
- Results of the medical exams needs to be sent to the authorities by your doctor directly.
- Character documents that includes Australian police certificate issued by the Australian Federal Police, if you have spent 12 months or more in Australia in last 10 years since turned 16.
Also provide an overseas police certificate for each country and home country where you have spent 12 months or more and military service records/discharge papers if you have served in the armed forces of any country.
- Partner documents includes identity proof, character documents, marriage certificate, documents to prove that you and your partner are in a de facto relationship from last 12 months at least before applying for the visa.
- Provide proof of dependence for dependents under 18 or above this age
Apply for the visa online in ImmiAccount
1. Check for an eligible occupation
Your occupation should be listed in the relevant skilled occupations.
2. Work experience
For those candidates with their skills assessment requirements approved, should have a minimum of 3 years applicable work experience in their nominated occupation.
3. Licensing, registration and membership
You should be a licensed, registered or a member of a professional body if its compulsory in the state or territory in which you would like to work.
4. Completed and approved skills assessment
The applicant needs to submit skills assessment that directly implies that they have requisite skills to work under the nominated position.
5. Be nominated
It is necessary for you to be nominated by an Australian employer who is operating his business actively and lawfully.
You should apply for the visa within a period of 6 months after your nomination approved.
Nomination by an Employer
Nomination could be defined as the process of recognizing a position that is needed to be filled through an overseas skilled worker in a particular business. Depending on the type of visa, stream and also the required occupation, the employer must be approved as a sponsor or they must require to have negotiated a labour agreement with the Department.
Employer that use the labour agreement can only nominate foreign workers under occupations that are specified in the labour agreement provided by them. Skilled Occupation Lists is however used for other types of visa and streams that further limits the type of occupation that can be included in the nomination.
Before an employer submits a nomination, it is required for them to conduct labour market testing and meet the required employment and salary requirements. The employer must also meet other nomination requirements depending on the type of visa being chosen.
1. Age criteria
You should be under 45 years of age to become eligible to apply for this visa type.
2. Meet the health requirements
You and other family members who are applying for the visa should meet all health requirements. The authorities can also ask to submit health information for family members irrespective of them immigrating to Australia along with the main applicant.
3. Meet the character requirement
You and your family members, those are aged 16 years and above and are applying for this visa should meet the character requirements defined by the Australian government. However, the authorities can also ask to submit the character information for those family members that are not immigrating to Australia along with the main applicant.
4. Get the Australian values statement signed
If you are aged 18 years or above, the it is necessary for you:
- to read or explained the Life in Australia booklet, and
- sign the Australian Values Statement that further confirms that you will show respect towards the Australian way of life and will also obey the Australian laws.
5. Level of English language proficiency
You should have at least competent English in order to be grated this particular stream of visa.
6. Pay back debts to the Australian Government
In case you own any outstanding money towards Australian Government, the it should be paid back in the given time.
Cost of the visa
- The cost of the visa for the main applicant is equivalent to AUD 4,045.
- There is an additional charge for each family member who is applying for the visa with the main applicant.
- The main applicant is required to submit second installment of AUD 4,890 for those family members aged 18 or above, especially when the family member has less than Functional English.
- Some other costs include that of health checks, biometrics and police certificates.
Applications lodged with all required supporting documents are processed more quickly.
Time taken to process Employer Nomination Scheme Visa (Subclass 186): Information last updated on 26 September 2019
|Visa||Stream||75 percent of visa processed||90 percent of visa processed|
|186 – Employer Nomination Scheme Visa (Subclass 186)||Direct Entry Pathway||18 months||20 months|
Why Immigration Experts?
Immigration Experts best Immigration Consultant will help you to resolve all of your Canadian/Australian immigration-related queries. You may contact us at 8448-450100 or leave a mail at [email protected] You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form. One of the experts will soon contact you to discuss the Canada/Australia PR query. Our experts having experience of more than 10+ years. Let Immigration Experts plan your immigration option for Canada/Australia to achieve your dream.