- Support provided to individuals and families
- Provision of extra $330 per child through Canada Child Benefit funding; total $550 more for average family.
- One-time special payment through Goods and Services Tax credit of additional $400 for low- and modest-income families.
- Tax return filing due date postponed until June 1, 2020.
Canadian banks committed to mitigate financial hardships caused due to COVID-19 through mortgage support. This includes loan re-amortization, payment deferral, capitalization of outstanding interest arrears, special payment arrangements and more.
2. Support for people facing unemployment
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) will provide benefit of $2000 per month to eligible workers who have lost their income due to COVID-19 situation.
- Individuals who have lost their job without their fault can apply for Employment Insurance benefits.
3. Support for people who are quarantined or in directed self-isolation
- Sick, quarantined or individuals in directed self-isolation also eligible for Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
- Access to Employment Insurance Sickness Benefits without any requirement to submit medical certificate to avail the same
4. Support for most individuals identified as vulnerable
- New Indigenous Community Support fund to provide $305 million to address the needs across First Nations, Inuit and Metis Nation communities.
- Reaching Home Initiative to provide $157.5 million to homeless for maintaining social distancing and reducing overcrowding in shelters.
Support provided to women, children and sexual assault centres of up to $50 million to manage and prevent outbreak in their facilities.
5.Support for elderly
- Minimum withdrawals reduced upto 25% from Registered Retirement Income Funds for 2020
- Contribution of $9million by United Way Canada for institutions to support practical services required by Canadian seniors, such as delivery of items like medications, groceries, connecting them to community support or personal outreach and more.
6.Support for students and recent graduates
- No payment required and no interest will accrue on the repayment of Canada Student Loans for all students who have borrowed a loan.
7.Support for youth
- Mental Health Support worth $7.5 given to Kids Help Phone will provide mental health support to young people to cope with these difficult times.
To Stay Updated on Canada Immigration News, Subscribe to Immigration Experts NEWSLETTER: https://www.immigrationxperts.com/newsletter/
We request you to fill up our Free Evaluation Form and take the initial step towards your Visa and Immigration Process.
Contact Immigration Experts for FREE Points-Based Assessment of your profile:
Drop us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Give us a call at: +91-8448450100
Achieve your Immigration dreams with Immigration Experts.