For being able to study in UK you need to acquire United Kingdom Study Visa. The UK government issues three different types of student visa.
Types of Student Visa
- Short-term Study Visa
- Tier 4 (child) Student Visa
- Tier 4 (General) Visa
Short-term Study Visa
You can apply for a Short-term study visa if:
- If you are doing a short course of study in the UK
- you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
You have to produce the evidence of:
- you have been offered a place on a course in the UK at an accepted place of study
- Sufficient funds to support yourself without attempting any work or help from public funds
- Have money for your return or onward journey
If you are under 18 you must also:
- have made all the preparations for your travel and stay in the UK
- have permission from your parent or guardian to study in the UK
Tier 4 (child) Student Visa
This is another type of Student Visa. To apply for the Tier 4 (Child) student visa the age factor that is proposed by the UK government is between 4 and 17 years and you desire to study at an independent school in the UK.
You must also have the following things mentioned below:
- a place on a course
- consent of your parent or guardian
- Enough fund to cover your course fees and living costs
- Belong to a country that is not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
- meet all the eligibility requirements
Note: There has been no change to the rights and status of EU nationals in the UK, and UK nationals in the EU, as a result of the referendum.
You must have:
- An indefinite offer of a place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor
- Enough funds support yourself and pay the course fees (It varies depending on your circumstances.)
Tier 4 (General) student visa
This is also a more sought after UK student visa. You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if you are 16 or over and you meet other requirements mentioned below:
- Offered a place on a course
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English language
- Have sufficient funds to support course fees and yourself. The fund evidence may vary depending upon your situations.
- Belong from a country that is not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
- Meet other eligibility requirements
There has been no change to the rights and status of EU nationals in the UK, and UK nationals in the EU, as a result of the referendum.
You must have:
- an definite offer of a place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor
- Fund support for yourself and pay course fee. The amount may vary depending on your situations
Note: Read the guidance for the full list of documents and how much funds required for all the visa types depending on your situation.
Immigration Xperts is a trustworthy immigration consulting company. It roofs knowledgeable and experienced immigration specialists. We have aided thousands of our clients in acquiring a student visa for United Kingdom and other countries like Canada, Australia etc. The arduous task is simplified by our experienced agents. Working on visa applications for a number of years have made them familiar with a few tricks that you can leverage for your benefit. To know more contact us at 8010357357 (Toll Free.)