United Kingdom is a popular destination for higher studies for students across the globe. It roofs three out of ten top Universities in the world. Degree gained for an UK university is well recognized by the all the developed countries and gives extra weight to your resume.United Kingdom has retained its position as a popular destination for international students following the tradition of providing best quality education. The UK education system promotes close interaction between the students and lecturers and provides the students the liberty to combine different subjects into single study course.
For being able to study in UK you need to acquire United Kingdom Study Visa. The UK government issues three different types of student visa.
Types of Student Visa
- Short-term Study Visa
- Tier 4 (child) Student Visa
- Tier 4 (General) Visa
Short-term Study Visa
You can apply for a Short-term study visa if:
- If you are doing a short course of study in the UK
- you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
You have to produce the evidence of:
- you have been offered a place on a course in the UK at an accepted place of study
- Sufficient funds to support yourself without attempting any work or help from public funds
- Have money for your return or onward journey
If you are under 18 you must also:
- have made all the preparations for your travel and stay in the UK
- have permission from your parent or guardian to study in the UK
Tier 4 (child) Student Visa
This is another type of Student Visa. To apply for the Tier 4 (Child) student visa the age factor that is proposed by the UK government is between 4 and 17 years and you desire to study at an independent school in the UK.
You must also have the following things mentioned below:
- a place on a course
- consent of your parent or guardian
- Enough fund to cover your course fees and living costs
- Belong to a country that is not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
- meet all the eligibility requirements
Note: There has been no change to the rights and status of EU nationals in the UK, and UK nationals in the EU, as a result of the referendum.
You must have:
- An indefinite offer of a place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor
- Enough funds support yourself and pay the course fees (It varies depending on your circumstances.)
Tier 4 (General) student visa
This is also a more sought after UK student visa. You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if you are 16 or over and you meet other requirements mentioned below:
- Offered a place on a course
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English language
- Have sufficient funds to support course fees and yourself. The fund evidence may vary depending upon your situations.
- Belong from a country that is not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
- Meet other eligibility requirements
There has been no change to the rights and status of EU nationals in the UK, and UK nationals in the EU, as a result of the referendum.
You must have:
- an definite offer of a place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor
- Fund support for yourself and pay course fee. The amount may vary depending on your situations
Note: Read the guidance for the full list of documents and how much funds required for all the visa types depending on your situation.
Immigration Xperts is a trustworthy immigration consulting company. It roofs knowledgeable and experienced immigration specialists. We have aided thousands of our clients in acquiring a student visa for United Kingdom and other countries like Canada, Australia etc. The arduous task is simplified by our experienced agents. Working on visa applications for a number of years have made them familiar with a few tricks that you can leverage for your benefit. To know more contact us at 8010357357 (Toll Free.)