Immigration authorities from Ontario recently clarified their earlier stance on target occupation by releasing an official list. Earlier, they only mentioned about giving preference to IT and creating a separate stream for it. The newly released official List contains all the occupations that will be given a preference by the province of Ontario.
List of Targeted Occupations:
- NOC 0131: Telecommunication Carriers Managers
- NOC 0213: Computer and Information Systems Managers
- NOC 2133: Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- NOC 2147: Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers and Designers)
- NOC 2171: Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
- NOC 2172: Database Analysts and Data Administrators
- NOC 2173: Software Engineers and Designers
- NOC 2174: Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
- NOC 2175: Web Designers and Developers
- NOC 2241: Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- NOC 2281: Computer Network Technicians
- NOC 2282: User Support Technicians
- NOC 2283: Systems Testing Technicians
- NOC 5224: Broadcast Technicians
- NOC 5241: Graphic Designers and Illustrators
Information Communications and Technology Workers in Express Entry Pool will now be receive a nomination from Ontario despite procuring less than 400 points through Express Entry program.
To know more about the recent changes, or to know how they affect you, feel free to contact us.