Hong Kong is a fantastic blend of the east and the west. Witnessing the cultural impact of Cantonese, Mandarin, British, there are ample communities from Hakka, Fujian and Shanghainese people. This country is also known as shopper’s paradise. Apart from shopping there is much more in Hong Kong – the vibrant cosmopolis is a cultural kaleidoscope, renowned as the culinary capital of Asia, unveil the fun of night life at Victoria Harbor to view the exquisite symphony of lights and really much more.To visit Hong Kong you need to obtain Hong Kong Visit Visa. There are three different types of visas designed to enter to this country.

The three types of Hong Kong Visit Visa are:

  • General
  • Part I
  • Part II


The General visa category entitles visa to the applicant or the entry permit requirements of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) of the People’s Republic of China. It cannot be taken as a full statement of the law governing immigration.

Even if all immigration requirements are the travellers may not gain automatic entry. The HKSAR immigration authorities have the right to refuse any person permission to land except those in Part I category. If you need further advice on individual cases you can reach:

  • Any Chinese diplomatic and consular mission or
  • The Immigration Department.
  • If you have a close connection with the HKSAR by birth or long period of residence in the Region, you may not require a visa or entry permit. (Refer Part I)
  • If Part I visa category does not apply to you, you will need a visa or entry permit to work, study, establish or join in any business or to take up residence in the HKSAR. For entry permit for visit you do not require a visa, depending on your nationality / type of travel document you hold. ( Refer Part II.)

Part I

This is another type of Hong Kong Visit Visa. One does not need entry permit or visa for any purpose if you hold any of the following travel documents mentioned below:

  • Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Passport
  • British National (Overseas) Passport
  • Hong Kong Certificate of Identity
  • Re-entry permit to (for entry from the Mainland of China and the Macao Special Administrative Region only)
  • Hong Kong Seaman’s Identity Book
  • Hong Kong Document of Identity for Visa Purposes accorded for the valid documents is valid or the holder’s limit of stay in Hong Kong has not expired.
  • Travel documents bearing one of the following endorsements:

(Section 2AAA, Immigration Ordinance, Cap. 115, Laws of Hong Kong)”

  • Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card

Part II

Part II is the third type of visa category to visit Hong Kong. Below mentioned are the following considerations for the Part II visa:

  • If the Part I visa category applies to you, you will require a visit visa or entry permit to work, study, establish or join in any business or to take up residence in the HKSAR. Else there is a risk admission on arrival.
  • Visitors are supposed to have enough funds support to cover the duration of their stay without working and, unless in transit to the Mainland of China or the Macao Special Administrative Region, to hold onward or return tickets. If you intend to stay than the visa period allowed, you must apply for a visa or entry permit before travelling to the HKSAR.
  • The visitors are not allowed by law to take up any kind of paid or unpaid employment, to establish or join in any business, or to enter school as a student. In the most unusual circumstances, the visitors can acknowledge change in their immigration status after arrival.
  • Application for the appropriate visa or entry permit from the nearest Chinese diplomatic and consular mission.
  • As an option you may submit your visa or entry permit application to the HKSAR Immigration Department directly by post or through a local sponsor. To curtail the time of processing application forms and supporting documents can be sent by fax. The original copy of the completed application form and the photographs required should be sent immediately to the HKSAR Immigration Department by air mail. A visa/entry permit will be issued after the receipt of an original, properly completed visa/entry permit application form.
  • If you are a Chinese resident of Taiwan, you should submit your application for an entry permit through one of the authorised airlines.
  • There are separate information leaflets regarding the arrangements for entry in respect of residents of the Mainland of China (ID 894A) and for overseas Chinese and Chinese residents of Taiwan (ID 895A). You can also obtain information here for entry to Hong Kong from the Mainland of China. Information on arrangements for entry to Hong Kong SAR for overseas Chinese and Chinese residents of Taiwan can be obtained here.
  • The applicants who require the entry permit for visit should obtain the appropriate visa or entry permit before travelling to the HKSAR.
  • HKSAR visa requirements are different is for selected foreign countries and territories.

We at Immigration Xperts, assist our clients that they will be well informed about all the immigration process for visiting Hong Kong and will be provided latest information about the program. The in house experienced immigration experts assist you through the entire visa processing. Connect with us either through our website – www.immigrationxperts.com or via Toll Free Number 8010357357 and book an appointment with our proficient immigration experts.