April 18, 2013 –
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) announced details about criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker Program, which re-opens for applications on May 4. The program has been narrowed to 24 eligible occupations. A list of eligible occupations can be found here. CIC will accept up to 5,000 applications, with a maximum of 300 applications per occupation. In addition, CIC will accept a maximum of 1,000 applications for the Ph.D. stream.
To be considered eligible to apply, applicants must possess at least one of the following criteria:
- Must have had one year of continuous, paid and full-time (or an equivalent amount of time) work in one of the eligible occupations, plus a score of at least 67 points based on CIC selection factors.
- Must meet qualifications for Arranged Employment with a Labour Market Opinion and a job offer from a Canadian company for a full-time, permanent position.
- Must hold a Ph.D. from or have completed at least two years of study toward a Ph.D. at a recognized Canadian institution. Valid for applicants to the Ph.D. stream only.
In addition, all applicants must satisfy both of the below requirements:
- Demonstrate English or French language ability by passing a language test.
- Submit educational credentials for assessment, which must meet Canadian equivalent standards. This is waived for applicants who completed their education in Canada, unless they are also submitting a foreign credential.
These four organizations have been approved to provide assessments of educational credentials:
- Comparative Education Service
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
- Medical Council of Canada
- World Education Services
Assessment reports of educational credentials issued by these organizations after April 17, 2013, will be considered valid for immigration applications for five years from the issuing date.
For the best possible chance of being selected, CIC advises applicants to apply as soon as possible.
For additional information on these or other immigration matters, please contact
email@example.com Cell : + 91 9999 46 76 96