“The Government of Canada is proud to participate in the 7th Vibrant Gujarat Summit,” said Chris Alexander, Canada’s Citizenship and Immigration Minister and head of the Canadian delegation. “This summit allows us to further strengthen ties between Canada and India by highlighting business opportunities, sharing experiences and trading ideas.”
Following the Vibrant Gujarat, Alexander will travel to Bengaluru, formerly known as Bangalore, to celebrate the opening of a new visa office.
- Bilateral trade between Canada and India totalled a record $5.8 billion dollars in 2013, and has more than doubled over the last ten years.
- More than 1.1 million people living in Canada can trace their heritage back to India.
- In 2013, more than 33,000 Indian citizens became permanent residents in Canada.
- Express Entry will manage applications for four federal economic immigration programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, the Canadian Experience Class, and a portion of Provincial Nominee Programs.
- With the Start-up Visa, Canada is targeting a new type of immigrant entrepreneur who has the potential to build innovative companies that can create jobs for Canadians and compete on a global scale.
Source : news.gc.ca