Canada Skilled Migration
As a person our main objective in life is “to strive, to seek, to find and not to yield.” People constantly seek to move to places with better opportunities. Canada, with its strong Economy and welcoming ambience, is one of the best attractions for migrants, especially the skilled ones. The maple leaf country offers great travel experience as well. The iconic Niagara Falls and the Rocky Mountains attract many tourists throughout the year.
Visiting Canada on a temporary basis does not require much paperwork but gaining a permanent residency in Canada is a whole different ball game. The Government of Canada has taken the initiative to infuse more and more people into the population of Canada. This is because of the aging population of Canada. There are many problems associated with aged population like a huge burden on the economy. To abate the effect of this, Canada has initiated programs like:-
- Skilled Migrants Program (Express Entry Program)
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Program
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Entrepreneurs and Investors
- Family Sponsorship
- State Sponsorship
The perks of gaining a permanent residency to Canada are as follows:-
- Work and live in Canada indefinitely
- Study in Canada
- Enroll in social and health care programs
- Apply for Canadian Citizenship while enjoying most of the rights given to a Canadian Citizen
You cannot get a job that requires high level security clearance or vote or run for a political office.
Skilled Migrants Program
To migrate through the express entry program you need to have a certain level of proficiency in your skill. You will have to provide relevant information about your:-
- Educational Qualification
- Language Proficiency
- Work Experience
Not only this, but also other documents to verify your identity and nationality will be required. Also, you need to have a job confirmation before applying to Canada Skilled Immigration. If you do not have the prerequisite Job offer then you should consider registering with Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC.) They have a job bank that can bring you into contact with plausible employers.
Also, your employer must show the authentic need to fill in the position and also that he could not find anyone in Canada with the required skill proficiency or willingness to take on the job. The job confirmation, on the other hand, must be corroborated by a Labour market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and if not then the candidate must apply through the job bank.
As per the Canadian National Occupation Classification (NOC), you must get the work experience for:-
- Managerial jobs – skill level 0
- Professional Jobs – Skill Type A
- Technical Jobs and Skilled Trades- Skill Type B
After providing the necessary information you will have to wait for some time. After your information has been verified by the Canadian authorities, you will be granted entry into the Express Entry ‘pool of candidates.’ As soon as there is a confirmation about your application been granted permission, you will be informed by the authorities through the account associated with pool of candidates. You must apply within 30 days of the whole program.
This whole process of ranking comes under the Comprehensive Ranking System. After qualifying, you will receive an invitation to apply for permanent residency. You must apply for a Canada PR within 60 days of receiving the invitation.
Note: Currently you need at least- a total of 67 points out of a 100 to qualify for any of the programs under Express Entry.
*TO ENROLL THROUGH EXPRESS ENTRY YOU MUST PLAN TO LIVE OUTSIDE QUEBEC. FOR QUEBEC APPLY TO QUEBEC SKILLED WORKER PROGRAM.
Federal Skilled Worker Program
This program is for candidates who think they can make it into Canada on the basis of their skill proficiency and work experience. To gain express entry through this program you must have:-
- A job offer from an Employer in Canada [0-10 points]
- Proof that you can financially support yourself
- Work Experience(Full Time job of at least 1 year) in the field of employment [9-15 points]
- Minimum English Language Proficiency or French Language Proficiency(at least Canadian Level Benchmark 7)[16-28 points]
- Your age [max 12 points]
- Your occupation must be on the eligible occupation list provided by Canadian Authorities.
You will also be required to go through a security and medical background check. You can gain extra 10 points if you have one year of work experience from Canada.
You need to gain a minimum of 67 points out of a 100 points to qualify for Federal Skilled Worker Program. The points will be assigned to you through the Express Entry System.
Federal Skilled Trades Program
All the candidates who have relevant expertise in a skilled trade can apply through this program. Skilled Trade cover diverse fields such as of electricians, tile setter and so on. To qualify under this program you must meet the following criteria:-
- At least 2 years experience in your skilled trade or an equal amount in part time jobs.
- Language Proficiency to clear at least Canadian Level Benchmark (CLB) 7.
- A job confirmation of up to a year or a certificate from the relevant Canadian authorities.
- Educational Qualification or Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report to substantiate foreign credentials.
The work experience should be within 5 years from the date you choose to apply for Express Entry. You can get upto 2 employers to give you a job confirmation. Your skill qualification certificate must be granted by a territorial authority or provincial authority of Canada.
Canadian Experience Class Program
This program is tailored for the people who are already living and working in Canada but not as a permanent citizen. To be eligible under this program you need:-
- To obtain at least a year of work experience from Canada.
- Meet at least Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 5.
- At least a Canadian Secondary degree or foreign credentials commensurate to it.
The work experience, you gain during your time as a student, does not count towards the point system under this program.
The Express Entry program makes it easier for a candidate to apply for Canada PR. All the programs have been clubbed under the aegis of Express Entry. You just need to apply to the Express Entry Program and if you qualify under one of the programs clubbed under it then you can gain your Canada PR easily.
At Immigration Experts we house agents who know all the nuts and bolts of the Canadian Skilled Immigration. Our agents are well known for their erudition and expertise in filing for Express Entry Program. To know more, contact us at : +91-999-946-7676