Family Immigration Visa

The Government of Canada appropriately understands the importance of families and communities staying together and is therefore committed towards family reunification. It offers diverse immigration programs for its permanent residents and citizens to reunite with their family members through different Canada Family visa options.  

The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC, formerly known as Citizenship and Immigration Canada or CIC) has specific visa pathways to bring different members of the family to Canada. The permanent residents or citizens of Canada should be at least 18 years of age or above in order to become eligible to sponsor their family members, that could be:

  • Spouse or common-law partner;
  • Dependent children;
  • Parents;
  • Siblings (Brothers and Sisters); 
  • Grandparents; 
  • Grandchildren; 
  • Any other relatives (that are, orphaned nephew or niece).

The citizens as well as permanent residents of Canada, that are currently residing in Canada are being offered a range of visa categories that enables them to sponsor their families through the Canada Family Immigration Visa Program. The following visa categories allows the applicants to sponsor different family members and includes:

  • Sponsoring your spouse or common-law partner;
  • Sponsoring your dependent children; 
  • Sponsoring your relatives; 
  • Sponsoring your adopted children; 
  • Sponsoring your parents and grandparents; 
  • Family-based Provincial Nominee Program 

Each of the above categories of Canada family visa has their unique set of eligibility requirements whom the sponsor is required to comply with, so that the Family Sponsorship Visa application is evaluated properly by the IRCC. 

The sponsor is required to meet the following conditions: 

  • Need to send a letter of invitation to those family members whom they want to sponsor.
  • Prove their ability to support the visiting family members financially that are to be sponsored during their period of stay in Canada (varies between three to ten years).
  • Need to sign an agreement which confirms that the sponsor completely understand the responsibilities and mutual responsibilities. 
  • Need to sign an undertaking which would promise to provide basic needs to the family members whom they are sponsoring. 

Why Immigration Experts?

Immigration Experts best Immigration Consultant will help you to resolve all of your Canadian/Australian immigration-related queries. You may contact us at 8448-450100 or leave a mail at You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form. One of the experts will soon contact you to discuss the Canada/Australia PR query. Our experts having experience of more than 10+ years. Let Immigration Experts plan your immigration option for Canada/Australia to achieve your dream.

Points Calculator