State Nomination Requirements Changes Introduced by South Australia
Along with the launch of the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Subclass 491 Visa and the introduction of some relevant changes in the general Skilled Migration (GSM) points test, the Immigration South Australia has recently updated the state nomination requirements and also some additional eligibility requirements within the State Nominated Occupation Lists.
Each one of these changes are described as follows:
1) Changes in the points requirements under specific occupations and categories
- Occupations Immigration South Australia have introduced relevant changes in the points requirements across all occupations in its State Nominated Occupations Lists. This particular review has been made by the Immigration South Australia after recent changes done by the Department of Home Affairs’ in its Australia immigration points test.The requirements under criteria such as English proficiency skills and work experience have also been changed for few occupations. Many occupations, after the introduction of these changes now need either 75 or 85 points, which also includes state nomination points while calculating the total points using the points test. Applicant who qualify to meet the requirements of the International Graduate of South Australia immigration category or those individuals who are currently working since last 12 months under a skilled occupation in Immigration South Australia category would still require only 65 points on the points test to qualify for the Australian visa. Similarly, most trade occupations still require only 65 points on the points test.
- High Points Category The high points category provides a relevant skilled migration pathway specifically to high caliber candidates as it provides them complete access to Supplementary Skilled List occupations as well as other special conditions. Skilled migrants that apply under the high points category will majority of the times have post-graduate qualifications, superior level of English and several years of professional experience in their work field.Applicants applying through the high points category would now require 95 points, which also includes state nomination points while calculating the total points on the points test.A provisional Subclass 491 Visa pathway is available specifically for applicants in the high points category. A permanent Subclass 190 Visa pathways is available for applicants in the high points category who possess Superior level of English and a minimum of 8 years of work experience in their closely related or nominated occupation. Please Note: Some of the occupations are restricted for only Provisional Subclass 491 Visa that are included on the occupation lists.
- Chain Migration Category Chain migration provides skilled migrants with provisional Subclass 491 visa pathway which enables them to join them their family members that are permanently residing in the state of South Australia. For those applicants that have an eligible family member residing in South Australia, the chain migration pathway provides access to those occupations that are listed on the Supplementary Skilled List and can also avail special conditions. The total points requirement has increased under the chain migration category as applicants now require to score 75 points, which also includes state nomination points when calculating total points on the points test. However, some other managerial occupations included on the State Nomination Occupation Lists need 85 points. Chain Migration applicants also require to score 85 points for these occupations.
2) Changes in the eligibility requirements to access state nominations under permanent 190 visa
Some occupations included in the State Nominated Occupation Lists are categorized as “Provisional 491 visa only” and therefore nominations issued for the Subclass 190 visa is not available in these occupations. The large number of these occupations are on the Regional Occupation List (ROL) of the Department of Home Affairs.The remaining occupations are listed under Provisional 491 visa only and 190 nominations are issued to applicant under some specific circumstances only and eligibility criteria described below applies to all those applicants that are willing to apply for the nomination of 190 visa. Since only limited number of places are available for permanent 190 visa, few additional eligibility criteria will now be applicable. To be eligible to get nomination for permanent 190 visa, applicant is required to meet one of the many eligibility criteria described as follows and all of the important requirements applicable for the relevant category: You should –
- Be an applicant under the high points category with a minimum of 8 years if professional work experience in your nominated or some other closely related occupation along with superior level of English. Please note that high points category is closed for certain occupations;
- Have worked under a skilled occupation in the state of South Australia since last 12 months;
- Be a High Performing Graduate who has continued to live in South Australia after completing their graduation degree and have also completed one of the following education qualifications from a public university situated in South Australia (in the last two years) with the requirement of Grade Points Average (GPA) that is listed below:
- Completed a Master or PhD by research
- GPA equivalent to 6.0 or above than that in a Masters by Coursework degree (after completing a Bachelor degree from South Australia)
- First class Honours completed in a dedicated Honours year (after completing a Bachelor degree from State Australia)
- GPA of 6.0 or more than that in a Bachelor Degree
- Be considered under the international graduate of South Australia who is presently working since last 6 months under a skilled occupation in the state of South Australia;
- Be an international graduate of South Australia who has resided in South Australia for a continuous period in South Australia for minimum 5 years and who is presently working for last 3 months under a skilled occupation across South Australia (at least 40 hours per fortnight).
3) Application fee change for all applications submitted towards state nomination
There has been a total of 10 percent increase in the application fee for all state nomination applications for South Australia. This fee increase applies to all those applications that are submitted from December 4, 2019.
With Australia offering multiple pathways to apply for their Permanent Resident permit, this is the best time to apply for the Australian immigration.
Contact Immigration Experts for FREE Points-Based Assessment of your profile:Achieve your Immigration dreams with Immigration Experts.