It is true that different countries have different Visa related conditions and procedures. All the same, you can obtain all the Information that you require from the nearest Immigration Office outside of Australia.

Additionally, the following General Guidelines will help you to apply for your Australian Visa including the highly sought after

Visitor Visa or Travel Visa (Subclass 600)

  • You must provide all the Information that is asked directly by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection of Australia and also all the information that you have with you
  • You must support all the Information and claims that you make in the application with the right and adequate documents
  • The supportive documents that you furnish must be the certified copies of original documents; police documents must be submitted in Original; and documents that are not in English must be accompanied by accredited English translations
  • Beyond the above, you may also check the checklist for application of the Visitor Visa Subclass 600 and ensure that your Visitor Visa application is complete in all respects

Broadly speaking, you need the following to complete your Visitor or Tourist Visa application –

  1. The duly completed Visa Application Form
  2. Information regarding receiving assistance from others
  3. Visa fee to be paid at the time of applying for the Visa
  4. Documents to establish your identity
  5. Documents in cases where you have served in the Armed Forces
  6. Documents to establish that you are a visitor only
  7. Separate forms and documents if You are below the age of 18 years

Now, let us look at individually in the above heads what all specifically is required to render your visitor visa complete in all respects.

If you consider the instances where you are receiving assistance from others, then take care of the following –

  • Duly completed Form 956 advice by a migration agent or exempt person of providing immigration assistance. In such cases, the migration agent or exempt person fills the form on your behalf and you sign it
  • And, when you would like someone else to receive correspondence from the Australian immigration authorities. In such cases, the Form 956a appointment or withdrawal of an authorized recipient comes into the picture. The recipient completes the form on your behalf and you sign it

If you consider the instances where you are receiving assistance from others, then take care of the following –

Information regarding how much is being charged, when to pay and in what mode, etc. are all provided in the Visa Application Charge link that is available there online.

Identity establishment while applying for the Visitor / Travel Visa

  • Certified copies of the biographical pages of the current Passports or Travel Documents of all people included in the Application. These are the pages with the visitor’s personal details along with photograph, and issue and expiry dates
  • One recent passport sized photograph (45 mm x 35 mm) showing the head and shoulders of all the persons included in the application and shot against a plain background
  • Print the name of the person at the back of the photograph
  • If your name has changed or the name of any of the person in your application has changed, then Include evidence of their Name Change thereof
  • Certified copies of the Birth Certificates of you and each person listed in the application. The certificates should show the names of both the parents of all the persons there

Documents to establish that you are a Visitor

  • Evidence of sufficient funds such as Bank Statements, Pay Slips, Audited Accounts, Taxation Records or Credit Card Limits
  • If you are visiting relatives or friends, a Letter of Invitation from them; and, if they are funding your stay in Australia then evidence to substantiate that they have sufficient funds to look after you
  • Your Itinerary during your stay in Australia if you are visiting under the Tourist Stream

Here, other Information to show that you have incentive or authority to return to your Home Country is needed, that include –

A letter from your employer stating your intention to return to work

  • Evidence of enrolment in school, college, or university in your home country
  • Evidence of immediate family members in your home country
  • Evidence of your Visa or residence stance that proves your right to return
  • Evidence of property and other significant assets owned by you in your Home Country

For Children below 18 Years

The attainment of 18 years is consent that you have the right to travel and consent to visit Australia. If you are below 18 years of age and are not accompanied by either or both of your parents, then the following is required –

A Statutory Declaration Giving their Consent

Duly completed Form 1229 (Consent Form) to grant an Australian Visa for the child under 18 years to visit Australia. This form also must be accompanied by the certified copy of your parent’s Government issued documents such as a Passport or a Driver’s License with their photograph and signatures

If you are travelling to Australia and are under the guardianship of someone other than your parents, such as a legal guardian or a relative, then the declaration signed by that person who will be responsible during your stay in Australia