March 10, 2013 –
Australia’s Department of Immigration and Citizenship has compiled a list of ten tips to guide future applicants and ensure they have everything they need to submit a successful EOI. With so many new rules and changes to the immigration system, it’s important to be up-to-date before beginning your migration journey. So, here’s what you need to keep in mind before submitting your EOI in SkillSelect:
1. Ensure you submit your EOI for the correct visa. You can either use the SkillSelect website or the Visa Wizard to determine which is the right visa for you.
2. Check the Skilled Occupation List to see if your occupation is in-demand in Australia thus making you eligible for skilled migration.
3. Do your homework and research the specific requirements for the visa you’re interesting in applying for.
4. Make sure you have all the documents you need before submitting your EOI and applying for a visa. An incomplete EOI means you will have to go through the whole process again.
5. Don’t know how to get started with SkillSelect? Give the “Getting started” user guide a read to ensure you know all the steps you need to follow to submit your EOI.
6. Keep your EOI identification number safe! This is a unique number that is automatically generated when you create an account, and it will serve as a username for when you need to login to your account on SkillSelect.
7. Take your time filling out the EOI questionnaire. If you don’t understand a question, simply click on the “?” icon to get extra details on the answer you need to provide.
8. Update your information on EOI whenever your circumstances change to ensure your details are up-to-date in case you receive an invitation. Keep in mind that when you receive an invitation, you will no longer be allowed to access your EOI to change your details.
9. Make sure the information you provide in your EOI is true and you have all the documentation you need to support it. Don’t include that you’ve passed an IELTS test if you’ve not already taken in.
You may receive an invitation to apply for a visa sooner than you expect and then you won’t be able to support the claims you’ve included in your EOI application.
10. Check the Reports tab on SkillSelect to see the number of invitations that are being sent out every month, as well as the occupations that are reaching their ceilings.
For example, at the time of this post, the following three occupations have reached their annual occupational ceiling: Chemical and Materials Engineers, ICT Business & System Analysts and Electronic Engineers.
The following three occupations will reach their ceilings soon so if you’re qualified in any of these skills, you might want to apply soon before you miss your chance:
- Telecommunications Engineering Professionals (only 33 more invitations available)
- Other Engineering Professionals (only 105 more invitations available)
- Software and Applications Programmers (only 1262 more invitations available)
Need help submitting your EOI and applying for an Australian visa? We’d be happy to assist so don’t hesitate to get in touch with us using the details below. Good luck!