Select Page

Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300)

Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) Immigration Consultant Services In Noida & Delhi/NCR

Prospective Marriage Visa Subclass 300

‘Marriages are made in heaven’ is something we have all heard quite a lot of time in our lives. However, what if the lord above sent you to a different country and your other half to Australia? This cross border love can be unified by either of the one migrating to the others’ place of residence. However if you wish Australia immigration is a better option as the country has nothing but bright future to offer. With impeccable career opportunity, clean and clear environment and beautiful scenery, this country has attracted a lot of immigrants.

If you’re fiancée is settled in Australia and permanent citizen of the country or is considered as New Zealander settled in Australia, then you can also easily migrate to this mesmerizing country by availing Prospective Marriage Visa which is classified as Visa Subclass 300. This visa is basically used to migrate to Australia in order to marry your would be husband and there after settling down in the same country.

Prospective Marriage Visa can only be availed if your fiancée is settled in Australia and you are above 18 years of age. Your de facto spouse can be Australian, a permanent resident of Australia or is an eligible New Zealand citizen. While applying for the visa you should not be present in Australia as well as the time when the visa will be granted, however, your wedding can take place in any country. There are certain criteria that need to fulfilled for this visa to be applicable, which are enumerated below:

  • There needs to be intention to marry and settle in Australia as husband or wife with your would be spouse.
  • You should be sponsored by your fiancée.
  • Known him or her from before and met in person.
  • You both should be of opposite gender.
  • All the age, character and health requirements should be met.


Visa Subclass 300 is a temporary visa available only for 9 months during which period it is preferable to stay in Australia and get married as well. However, if you are not married within 9 months, you should meet the below mentioned criteria:


  • You should apply for the visa from outside Australia and stay in that place till the visa is issued.
  • You should be sponsored from your prospective spouse who should be of more than 18 years of age and a
  • permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
  • You both should be of opposite sex


For permanent residency after getting married you can apply for Partner Visa 100 / 309. The application will be sent further for processing with RMA, which is an authorised agent for DIBP that will be further presented to the specific department. Provided your consent, RMA can get in touch with Australia immigration department on your behalf.

Some documents that you require for this visa are as follows:

  • Passport
  • Proof of intent to marry
  • Age Proof
  • Health Requirements


With Prospective Marriage Visa in hand you can garner myriad range of benefits such as:

  • Visit Australia before you get married.
  • Start your professional career in the country, however, there are some employers who might not show interest as you are on temporary visa.
  • Opt for further studies in the country, although there will be no government funding as this is classed under tertiary study.
  • Go for travelling in and around the country without any hassle.
  • You can also apply for the Partner Visa once you get married for option of permanent residency in the country.


For any further query regarding Visa Subclass 300 or Prospective Marriage Visa you can connect with us at Our case managers are quite experienced in handling all immigration enquiries and provide sound advice for any issue. Our experts are available 24/7 to assist you in any way possible.

Quick Enquiry Form

Important Links

Accredited By

Enquire Now