Partner Visa
Home  /  Australia  /  Partner Visa

Spouse Visa or Partner

Live with your partner happily ever in Australia
The Spouse Visa as well as the Partner Visa is extended by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to the specific categories (mentioned in this section) of potential immigrants.
The Spouse Visa or Partner Visa is available to those who are either married to or in a De Facto Relationship with any of the below –

  • An Australian citizen
  • An Australian Permanent Resident, and
  • An eligible New Zealand citizen

Here, it is very important to note that the applicant must be residing outside of Australia when applying for either Spouse Visa or the Partner Visa.
In technical terms, Australia’s Spouse Visa or the Partner Visa is referred to as the Partner (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 309) and Partner (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 100).
In more simple terms, the above cited Visas allow or enable the spouse or the de facto partner of an Australian citizen, a Permanent Australian Resident as well as an Eligible New Zealand citizen to travel to and live in Australia. That is, after meeting all the visa related procedures and conditions duly and to the one hundred per cent satisfaction of the immigration authorities here in Australia.

The other highlights of the much sought after Spouse Visa or the Partner Visa processes are –

  • The application for the Partner (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 309) is the first stage
  • Once you have received the Provisional or the Temporary Visa, you become eligible to apply for the Partner (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 100) and try for a long-term Australian residence and live with your partner in Australia
  • You submit only one visa application for the Provisional or the Migrant visas and thereby also get to pay only once
  • Your application is processed in two stages, and that too, with a time period of two years in between the stages
  • You must be residing outside of Australia, when applying for both the Partner (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 309) and Partner (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 100)
  • Though, you are allowed to be either outside or inside Australia when applying for the Partner (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 100)
  • You can obtain additional information from the Partner Migration booklet which is very much available online

Australian Immigration rules allow for including Family in your Visa Application, though understandably with certain conditions –

  • You may include dependent children, and
  • Dependent relatives
  • You may also include a dependent child but with proper documents to support this claim as also the child in question has to meet specific Australian health and character related specifications
  • One major pre-condition to applying for the Visa under discussion is that all the documents mentioned in the Documents List must accompany all the claims that you make in your Spouse Visa Application
  • Understandably, some of the required Documents may take a while for you to obtain. But all the same, you must clearly mention them along with the time period it will take you to furnish the same
  • It is possible to upload your documents using ImmiAccount if they are available online
    For more details contact us or write to us at
Contact us
Need a consultation for visa or migration services? We can help you. Simply knock us for any requirements through mail or via phone. All you need to do is to send your latest resume, spouses resume (if married). We have the latest information about the services and updates on selection process of various countries around the world.
ITHUM Towers
A-40, 11th Floor, Office 1122
(Near Highway Towers, Next to Corenthum)
Sector 62-Noida India.
Give us a call or send us a fax:
Toll Free:
Send us a message:

Stay up to date - Subscribe to Immigration News!


Subscribe to our Newsletter