Non Award Sector (575)
Home  /  Australia  /  Non Award Sector (575)
Any student who aims on doing their course or a part of their course that does lead to any Australian Award needs to apply for a Non Award Sector visa Subclass 575. Non Award courses are generally taken out of interest and combined with the actual full time course; corroborate the career of a student. These courses can make a substantial amount of difference in a student’s profile as it depicts the student’s interest and also their willingness to improve.Non Award courses must not be confused with short courses. Short courses usually have a much more comprehensive syllabus and take more time than a non award course. You may also feel free to take non award courses to taste the life of university. The non award courses should not count towards any degree program. With this visa, you will also be able to take full time courses but these full time courses must not lead to an Australian Award.

You must also make sure that you do not want to study another higher level course while pursuing your non award course. If you do want to pursue higher level course then you must get another visa accordingly. If you plan to start a higher level course just after finishing your foundation course, then too you must get the appropriate visa for the main course.

A Genuine Temporary Entrant makes sure that you are staying in Australia for educational purposes only and not as a way to stay in Australia longer. The course that you are taking should be registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS.) You must also provide an Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (ECoC) when applying for this visa. This is basically a documented proof that you have enrolled in a course.

Any outstanding debt to the Government of Australia will lead to your application being revoked. You must not have a ‘no further stay’ on any other visa of Australia. You also need to provide the proof that you will be able to support yourself financially throughout the time period of your course. These costs include living costs, travel costs, tuition cost and so on.

You can showcase your level of English language proficiency through tests like IELTS. This will be an important part of the whole process that checks your eligibility for visa subclass 575. You must also showcase documents that prove that you have completed Year 11 or equivalent. You must also get a health insurance by applying for Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC.)

Your health and character requirements will be assessed on the basis of a medical certificate and police check certificate, the medical certificate should be provided by a medical expert who is registered with the migration office of Australia. The police check certificate has to be procured from every country that you have stayed in for a period of more than 12 months within 10 years of applying for this particular visa.

You will be allowed to stay in Australia for the whole duration of your course. Your attendance and marks also have to be above the standard set by the governing bodies. Your eligible dependent relatives can migrate with you to Australia and your partner can do a course of up to 3 months.
While travelling with your family or partners, you must also show the financial capability to support them while in Australia. This makes sure that you do not use any social and welfare programs meant for Australian citizens and permanent residents.

Many non award student visa have a no further stay condition imposed on them. This means that you will not be able to stay and work in Australia after your course is complete.
Within the duration of your course you can find work in Australia while taking care of a few Caveats. Like most student visa, non award sector visa subclass 575 enables you to:

  • Work 20 hours per week during the course session.
  • Work unlimited hours during session breaks.

You can download the checklist for documents from the website of Australia migration. This checklist can be consulted for the necessary documents. You should attach the necessary documents before attaching the additional ones as there is an upper limit on the number of documents you can affix.

You will need an eligible passport to apply for this visa. You will have to include the original copies of the specified documents. You will get your original documents back after the verification process. You can even send the original documents with the copies and ask the authorities to return your original documents as soon as possible. The application is to be sent by post or courier.

Immigration Xperts has managed to stay at the pinnacle of visa consulting industry because it adheres to the principle of customer satisfaction. Our amiable agents are well versed in the application process of a variety of visas. With us, you can be assured of getting quality personal time to understand the whole process. After understanding the process you can leave the whole task of filing for your visa to our experienced experts. For further details about Non Award sector visa subclass 575, feel free to contact us through our toll free number 8010357357.

Contact us
Need a consultation for visa or migration services? We can help you. Simply knock us for any requirements through mail or via phone. All you need to do is to send your latest resume, spouses resume (if married). We have the latest information about the services and updates on selection process of various countries around the world.
ITHUM Towers
A-40, 11th Floor, Office 1122
(Near Highway Towers, Next to Corenthum)
Sector 62-Noida India.
Give us a call or send us a fax:
Toll Free:
Send us a message:

Stay up to date - Subscribe to Immigration News!


Subscribe to our Newsletter