Child visa (subclass 101)
Home  /  Australia  /  Child visa (subclass 101)

Child Visa (Subclass 101)

This visa is meant for those children who are outside Australia and their biological parents intend to sponsor their child so that he could also shift his base to Australia.

Key Points

  • The parent should either be a citizen of Australia or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
  • The parent can apply on behalf of the child who is less than 18 years of age.
  • The child must be living outside Australia when his/her visa is filed.
  • The child who gets this visa which is the permanent residence visa lets him to stay in Australia, work and study there, enroll in Medicare, apply for Australian citizenship.
  • This visa is Valid for a period of five years in which you can travel to and from Australia and after that you need another visa to stay in Australia.

Also, in case the child is adopted, he can get the subclass 101 visa if he was adopted before the eligible parents became citizens of Australia or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or a New Zealand citizen.

Obtaining the Child Visa implies that this particular Visa holding child is eligible for the following:

  • Travel to and stay in Australia indefinitely
  • Work and study in Australia
  • Be eligible for all Australian Government’s healthcare related benefits including expenses
  • Apply for Australian Citizenship for themselves after fulfilling the eligibility related conditions.
  • In turn, sponsor other eligible relatives for possible Permanent Residence in Australia
  • Travel to and from Australia for Five Years from the date of issuance of the Child Visa. After this period, another Australian Visa will be required

Here, it is pertinent to point out that for children who are born within Australia the Child Visa is granted automatically provided at least one of the parents is an Australian Citizen or the holder of the Australian Permanent Resident Visa.

Children born outside of Australia can –

  • Apply for Australian Citizenship visa provided one of the parents is an Australian citizen
  • Apply for Australia’s Permanent Resident Visa if neither of the parents is an Australian Citizen
Contact us
Need a consultation for visa or migration services? We can help you. Simply knock us for any requirements through mail or via phone. All you need to do is to send your latest resume, spouses resume (if married). We have the latest information about the services and updates on selection process of various countries around the world.
ITHUM Towers
A-40, 11th Floor, Office 1122
(Near Highway Towers, Next to Corenthum)
Sector 62-Noida India.
Give us a call or send us a fax:
Toll Free:
Send us a message:

Stay up to date - Subscribe to Immigration News!


Subscribe to our Newsletter